Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Want that gel nail look without going to the salon and spending $$$?! Here's how!

So as we all know I am a baller on a budget and that means I have to find inexpensive ways to beauty-fy myself without spending all the bucks! #GIRLPROBLEMS.  And this my friends, is something that I am SO happy that I found! just bummed I didn't find it sooner. My best friend and my mom have already bought a bottle after seeing how well it looked/worked!
I bought this at my local Sally Beauty Supply store for only $5!
Gelous Nail Gel is a product that will naturally fortify the nail and add thickness. crazy right?! I didn't believe it until I used it. This bonds directly to the nail as a protective barrier and locks your nail polish on taking no prisoners! be sure you want your color for a while because
this stuff does not let go. This also will make your nails stronger and keep them from peeling.
 So it's called a gel but it has the same consistency as a normal nail polish, maybe a little bit thicker but I definitely wouldn't consider it a gel. But I understand why it's called that because once it is dry you have visible thickness! I don't think you can tell in the picture but my nails have the same feeling and thickness as they do when I get gel nails at the salon. and trust me I am NO expert at painting my nails. I used this as a base coat and a top coat and my nails haven't chipped in 6 days! I'm usually lucky if I make it to the end of the day. I'm super rough on my hands so I am extra surprised that I don't have any fading or chipping.
This is 6 days after using Gelous as a base and top coat.
Also the polish I am wearing is Wet n Wild-megalast and the color is 'On a trip'. I believe it was $1.50
 
I am so used to changing my polish at least every 3 days due to fading and chipping so I'm going to have to get used to having 1 color for so long! I will do an up-date when I start to notice chipping.
Let me know if you love this product as much as I do or if you have other hidden treasures that I need my hands on! or on my hands... ;)
 
 
UPDATE!
This was 4 days after I posted the blog. Still not even that bad for 10 days!
It held its shine but started to chip at the top.
 
 




4 comments:

  1. how have i not heard about this gel stuff. WANT/NEED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it's AMAZING! But I have never had to make such a commitment to a color before! lol

      Delete
    2. how are you supposed to take it off then?? lol. does it come off easily with acetone?

      Delete
  2. Will have to pick this stuff up at Sallys next week, it sounds amazing!

    I found this link-up that happens every Friday called "The Nail Files", where lots of bloggers share their manis/new polishes with each other. This link leads to my blog and the link-up.

    http://plannedspontaneityliving.blogspot.com/2012/10/nail-files-new-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete